Monday, May 2, 2011

The Leisure Society - Into the (not so) Murky Water


British eight man (and women) band The Leisure Society today released the follow up of their splendid lo-fi debut album "The Sleeper" (2009). The new album called "Into the Murky Water" is really folk and pop in one brew, some traditional irish folk music, a slice of african rythm (read: Vampire Weekend) blended with chopped up chewing gum pop. The name of the second song on the album probably says it all: Dust on the Dancefloor. I'm not sure I'm standing on my chair cheering here, but it's a much better follow up than most of what I've heard this spring. (Did you just hear me saying Fleet Foxes?) Despite it's name it's a really cheerful album and will blend perfectly with your glass of tepid rose wine any evening soon.


This is a link to open Into the Murky Water on Spotify >>

No comments:

Post a Comment